Mailing List Archive

Dialup won't stay connected
All settings in KPPP are identical to the SuSE distro (which works) and I can
get connected ...but immediately the connection breaks & the cycle starts
over, again (I have 'redial on disconnect' active).

<RANT>
Yesterday I had it working. Funny thing, too: I would try it, it'd fail, I'd
check the settings, try again, it'd fail ...endless loop. Then, suddenly, it
connected and worked. (Sounds weird, but Gentoo is just enough different
that I didn't even know what to change, if anything, to make it
work.) ...Then I emerged k3b and that broke KDE so I had to drag out the
backup. Then, dialup no longer worked ...nor will it follow yesterday's
behaviour & suddenly start working.
</RANT>

I am at a total loss, here.
--