Mailing List Archive

etc-update & non-printable chars
Good morning-

I've just run an `emerge sync` `emerge -uD world` and am now trying to
update my config files with `etc-update`. Only problem is (and this is a
problem I've had in the past, and just never got upset enough about to
ask) that any time there are non-printable (non-English?) characters in
a particular config file, it fubars the etc-update.

I pick the file, it displays the differences (including all the wonky
chars) and then when I try to enter an option, it does an "Exiting: User
termination!"

DDR