Mailing List Archive

Emerge -aDvu world updated cups, now no default printer
I had cups working, but no longer. I had to fool with it somewhat to
get to the state
where I can print at all, but I have not had luck getting a default
printer set up. My
system responds:

treat init.d # lpstat -t
scheduler is running
no system default destination
device for lp0: parallel:/dev/lp0
lp0 accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
printer lp0 is idle. enabled since Jan 01 00:00
treat init.d #

Relying on the comments in the new /etc/cups/printers.conf,
I have tried, for instance, this snippet from /etc/cups/printers.conf

<DefaultPrinter lp0>
<Printer lp0>

But no joy. Likewixe when the <DefaultPrinter name> element is last
in the file.

Printing that explicitly names lp0 works fine, so I just have to get
it set up as default.

Help?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
want a free gmail account? email me for an invitation