with 'append-ldflags -Wl,-z,now' to fix."

--
.: Torsten | Hire the morally handicapped. :.

Re: QA Notice -- consider relinking [ In reply to ]
Torsten Veller wrote:
> What does that mean? What shall i do?

Let's see if you have better response. I asked the very same question just
yesterday. No replies so far...

Regards,
Norberto

Re: QA Notice -- consider relinking [ In reply to ]
* Norberto Bensa <norberto+gentoo-user@bensa.ath.cx>:
> Torsten Veller wrote:
> > What does that mean? What shall i do?
>
> Let's see if you have better response. I asked the very same question just
> yesterday. No replies so far...

It's a new feature of portage 2.0.51 -- i think they want to introduce
it when it's done.
In the meantime we can look at this thing in ebuild.sh.

Re: QA Notice -- consider relinking [ In reply to ]
begin quote
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:59:44 -0300
Norberto Bensa <norberto+gentoo-user@bensa.ath.cx> wrote:

> Torsten Veller wrote:
> > What does that mean? What shall i do?
>
> Let's see if you have better response. I asked the very same question
> just yesterday. No replies so far...

Security feature. suid binaries should not allow LD_{PRELOAD,DEBUG} and
therefore be relinked in "immediate" mode rather than "lazy". That
resolves the library links and function calls -before- running the
application rather than "as needed".

Somone (solar?) Decided it was a good idea to sharpen up the packages.
The fix is to fix the ebuild that installs a suid binary to axtually "do
right".

There was an article on LWN about the impact of this :
http://lwn.net/Articles/99137

Hopefully this helps :)

//Spider

--
begin .signature
Tortured users / Laughing in pain
Re: QA Notice -- consider relinking [ In reply to ]
Spider wrote:

[SNIPED explanation of portage's relink notice]

> Hopefully this helps :)

Yes! Thank you very much Spider!

Regards,
Norberto