Hello! What is the Gentoo way to install a Perl module like
Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink ?

- Grant

Re: Perl modules the Gentoo way [ In reply to ]

On Thursday 16 September 2004 22:54, Grant wrote:
> Hello! What is the Gentoo way to install a Perl module like
> Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink ?

g-cpan.pl Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink

- --
Mike Williams

Re: Perl modules the Gentoo way [ In reply to ]
Grant wrote:
> Hello! What is the Gentoo way to install a Perl module like
> Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink ?

well.. take for instance Compress::Zlib...

you would emerge Compres-Zlib

but how about libwww?

emerge libwww-perl

also.. not all the CPAN is in there. There are still some things you'll
have to use CPAN for..

perl -MCPAN -e shell

Re: Perl modules the Gentoo way [ In reply to ]
Mike Williams wrote:

> g-cpan.pl Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink

very cool :) does it support CPAN stuff that's not in portage and yet
add it to the portage tree so other stuff knows you have it installed?

Re: Perl modules the Gentoo way [ In reply to ]

Re: Perl modules the Gentoo way [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:22:17 +0100, Mike Williams <mike@gaima.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday 16 September 2004 23:11, Billy Holmes wrote:
> > Mike Williams wrote:
> > > g-cpan.pl Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink
> >
> > very cool :) does it support CPAN stuff that's not in portage and yet
> > add it to the portage tree so other stuff knows you have it installed?
>
> It searches the portage tree first, then goes off to CPAN, creating and
> merging ebuilds as it goes.
> *very* cool :)

It does sound very cool, but I'm getting:

Don't know what 'Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink' is

I did:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink'

and it seems to be working. Why would that be?

- Grant