this, and put it in /etc/procmailrc. is there another place i need to put it?
maybe in the users maildirs? or does postfix need to know it's there (in the
config) for it to work?

Re: Procmail + postfix [ In reply to ]

http://dev.gentoo.org/~spider/local-mail-0.3.0/local-email.html

Re: Procmail + postfix [ In reply to ]
Le 09/15/04 reno@hardcoretek.com a écrit notamment:

> Iam using postfix with spamassassin, and i'm trying to use procmail (something
> completely foreign to me) to delete spam before it gets sent to users
> mailboxes.
>
> For some reason,this isn't working. I looked around for a procmail config to do
> this, and put it in /etc/procmailrc. is there another place i need to put it?
> maybe in the users maildirs? or does postfix need to know it's there (in the
> config) for it to work?

Here is a recipe in my own procmail, doing something like that:

:0:
/dev/null

Spam deletion is performed at users' level, with spamassassin working as
a demon at system level. Can be done differently though

hth
--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins France

Re: Procmail + postfix [ In reply to ]
If you want postfix to use the /etc/procmailrc instead of a local one change
your postfix mailbox_command to:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a $EXTENSION -m /etc/procmailrc

This will make postfix fire up procmail with one procmailrc for all deliveries
and then edit .procmailrc to something like:

:0:
$HOME/.Mail/.Maildir/

That should get all your mail fed through one procmail script. Then edit it to
find spam

^Subject: ***SPAM***

And direct those to /dev/null

However beware of false positive!! Sending all spam to /dev/null is dangerous,
why not tag it and get users to filter it.

Kevin.

Iam using postfix with spamassassin, and i'm trying to use procmail
(something completely foreign to me) to delete spam before it gets sent to
users mailboxes.

For some reason,this isn't working. I looked around for a procmail config to
do this, and put it in /etc/procmailrc. is there another place i need to put