--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
want a free gmail account? email me for an invitation

Re: Everything went dark! [ In reply to ]
On Tue 14.09 22:10, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> Ever since I went to gentoo, I've had a problem with the colors in
> games -- they're all way too dark. Gnibbles, which I played many
> times on RH7.3 with the same hardware, is so dark I can barely make
> out the bonii, and really cannot see my player. Nethack is unplayable
> because I cannot see the passages.

You could try "xgamma", to raise your gamma-settings to a higher value
and thus making the screen appear brighter. Or use the knobs on your
display. ;-)

Bert

Re: Everything went dark! [ In reply to ]
Thank you, thank you. That was the ticket.

Xgamma, that is. I had already maxed out my monitor controls.
I found happiness at a gamma of 2.0. It washes out my other windows
very noticeably, but if I just use it for game play, I get joy.

++ kevin