Mailing List Archive

Intel Compiler ICC 8.1
Hi!

I just installed the last version of intel compiler. In this release
the compiler use the STL libraries provided by gcc rather than those
from Dinkumware used in previous releases. The problem is that icc is
unable to find the STL and gcc c++ libraries. I could use the old
Dinkumware libraries with -cxxlib-icc compiler flag or I could
manually instruct the compiler to search for the library in a specific
place with -cxxlib-gcc but I don't know what is the gcc root path. The
manual says the compiler should be able to automatically detect gcc,
but it fails on gentoo

$ icpc -g test.cc
test.cc(1): catastrophic error: could not open source file "map"
#include <map>
^

compilation aborted for test.cc (code 4)

$ icpc -g -cxxlib-gcc test.cc
icpc: error: could not find directory in which the set of libstdc++
include files resides

$ icpc -g -cxxlib-gcc=/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.3/ test.cc
icpc: error: could not find directory in which g++ resides

What should I use with -cxxlib-gcc?
--
Natros