Does anybody know anything about this?

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
Computer and Software Eng. - A.I.
- > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
---
-> God had a deadline...
So, he wrote it all in Lisp!

Re: E, Xorg, Emacs... which one is it? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:46:20 +0100, Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos
<pocm@netvisao.pt> wrote:
> Hi all,

Sorry if I answer late to your mail...

> I've had in the last 3 hours the same problem twice so I guess
> it's time to know what's happening. I'm using Xorg 6.8.0 since
> yesterday and I use E 0.16.7.1 (or whichever the last version is)
> and I was programming with Emacs/Slime when suddently everything
> turns black and I can only see my 'big' emacs window in a lower
> resolution and nothing else. Can move the mouse, can type... but
> can't move to other desktop or do anything outside the window.
> Well, the only way I found to come back to normal is to close
> emacs.

Odd...

> The first thing I imagined was that I pressed the wrong
> keys and it enabled an accessability xorg feature.

> Does anybody know anything about this?

try this:
CTRL+ALT+Numpad(+)
and
CTRL+ALT+Numpad(-)
to switch back...

if that's so, then you need to vi out from your X configuration the
multiple resolutions and set the only one you want to be as default
(and fixed)...

(I don't think this is "the solution" to your problem, but I hope it helps...)

Re: E, Xorg, Emacs... which one is it? [ In reply to ]
> try this:
> CTRL+ALT+Numpad(+)
> and
> CTRL+ALT+Numpad(-)
> to switch back...
>
> if that's so, then you need to vi out from your X configuration the
> multiple resolutions and set the only one you want to be as default
> (and fixed)...
>
> (I don't think this is "the solution" to your problem, but I hope it helps...)

I think the best solution would be to add:

Option "Dont Zoom"

To your server flag section.