you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com
Re: dkim and dmark, how to set up [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 25 September 2023 12:43:36 BST John Covici wrote:
> Hi. I have my mail server and I want to finally set up dkim and dmark
> as appropriate, but I am not sure which packages to use and where
> there is some documentation exists, so I can figure out hhow to do
> it. My mta is sendmail.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You'll need mail-filter/opendkim if you're sending mail directly to recipients
from your mailserver, but if your sendmail is configured to relay messages via
an ISP's mail server then the ISP will be using such a package instead.
You'll also have to add your dkim public key to your DNS record, while the
private key will stay on your mailserver. Again, if you're relaying via an
ISP, they will store the private key on their server.

Some ideas explained here, but more detailed instructions may be available in
the interwebs:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenDKIM

https://www.vttoth.com/CMS/technical-notes/356-setting-up-dkim-with-sendmail

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Postfix/DMARC
Re: dkim and dmark, how to set up [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:09:34 -0400,
Michael wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> On Monday, 25 September 2023 12:43:36 BST John Covici wrote:
> > Hi. I have my mail server and I want to finally set up dkim and dmark
> > as appropriate, but I am not sure which packages to use and where
> > there is some documentation exists, so I can figure out hhow to do
> > it. My mta is sendmail.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> You'll need mail-filter/opendkim if you're sending mail directly to recipients
> from your mailserver, but if your sendmail is configured to relay messages via
> an ISP's mail server then the ISP will be using such a package instead.
> You'll also have to add your dkim public key to your DNS record, while the
> private key will stay on your mailserver. Again, if you're relaying via an
> ISP, they will store the private key on their server.
>
> Some ideas explained here, but more detailed instructions may be available in
> the interwebs:
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenDKIM
>
> https://www.vttoth.com/CMS/technical-notes/356-setting-up-dkim-with-sendmail
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Postfix/DMARC