-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.
Re: any gentoo torrents available? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, 6 September 2023 16:04:33 BST Jude DaShiell wrote:
> These days I'm having better luck downloading through bittorrent and
> seeding rather than doing direct downloads with wget. Problem with direct
> downloads on large files files come down corrupted and don't verify when I
> try to verify them.

There used to be a torrent, but apparently discontinued years ago as Internet
connections became faster, while Gentoo ISOs and Stage 3 remained just a few
MBs:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-975898-start-0.html

> It is probably a bad internet network connection.
> I'm rather sure last time computer went back to factory for repair it had
> its ram checked and found good.

memtest86+ should let you know after an overnight run if there is something
wrong with your RAM.
Re: any gentoo torrents available? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

--
Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.