mitigation -- but it did not. Ubuntu apparently has not pushed out
kernel updates for that yet. [.My Ubuntu machines are unaffected, but
I'd be a little worried if they were.]
Re: Kudos on prompt release of gentoo-sources w/ Zenbleed mitigation [ In reply to ]
On 2023-07-25, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks and well done to the Gentoo Kernel Project for promptly pushing
> out 5.15.122, 6.1.41, et alia. Those latest kernels add mitigation for
> the "Zenbleed" vulnerability found in AMD Ryzen and Epyc processors.

FWIW, Zenbleed affects only "Zen2" family parts:

https://gadgetversus.com/processor/amd-zen-2-processors-list/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_2

--
Grant
Re: Kudos on prompt release of gentoo-sources w/ Zenbleed mitigation [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2023-07-25 at 15:19 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> Thanks and well done to the Gentoo Kernel Project for promptly pushing
> out 5.15.122, 6.1.41, et alia. Those latest kernels add mitigation for
> the "Zenbleed" vulnerability found in AMD Ryzen and Epyc processors.

Not that I doubt you but is there a link for the specific for the fix?

I'm interested in what the mitigation was and also for "Gentoo being
awesome" propaganda purposes.
Re: Kudos on prompt release of gentoo-sources w/ Zenbleed mitigation [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, 25. Juli 2023, 20:48:23 CEST schrieb Matt Connell:

> Not that I doubt you but is there a link for the specific for the fix?
>
> I'm interested in what the mitigation was and also for "Gentoo being
> awesome" propaganda purposes.

Patch:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/commit/?
h=linux-6.1.y&id=ed9b87010aa84c157096f98c322491e9af8e8f07

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-Mitigate-Zenbleed
=>
https://lock.cmpxchg8b.com/zenbleed.html

Regards,