thanks

--
Mitten drin statt nur Datei!
Re: is percona-mysql discontinued on gentoo portage? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, 4 July 2023 07:49:45 BST Marko Horn wrote:
> hi,
>
> anyone know if perona-mysql is discontinued on gentoo portage?
>
> thanks

You can try: 'dev-db/percona-server'

There are also 'dev-db/percona-toolkit' and 'dev-db/percona-xtrabackup',
should you need/want them.
Re: is percona-mysql discontinued on gentoo portage? [ In reply to ]
Hi ,

---
Mitten drin statt nur Datei!

Am 2023-07-04 12:13, schrieb Michael:
> On Tuesday, 4 July 2023 07:49:45 BST Marko Horn wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> anyone know if perona-mysql is discontinued on gentoo portage?
>>
>> thanks
>
> You can try: 'dev-db/percona-server'

yes, i know that.
but:

mailserver ~ # eix dev-db/percona-server
* dev-db/percona-server
Available versions: (8.0) ~8.0.26.16-r2^t
{cjk cracklib debug jemalloc latin1 ldap numa pam +perl profiling
rocksdb router selinux +server tcmalloc test tokudb
tokudb-backup-plugin}
Homepage:
https://www.percona.com/software/mysql-database/percona-server
https://github.com/percona/percona-server
drop-in replacement for MySQL

The ebuild is not updatet since 8.0.26.16.
The actual versions are not available since a long time.
Thats why i thought its discontinued.

m@rko

Re: is percona-mysql discontinued on gentoo portage? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, 4 July 2023 11:40:13 BST Marko Horn wrote:

> Am 2023-07-04 12:13, schrieb Michael:
> > On Tuesday, 4 July 2023 07:49:45 BST Marko Horn wrote:
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> anyone know if perona-mysql is discontinued on gentoo portage?
> >>
> >> thanks
> >
> > You can try: 'dev-db/percona-server'
>
> yes, i know that.
> but:
>
> mailserver ~ # eix dev-db/percona-server
> * dev-db/percona-server
> Available versions: (8.0) ~8.0.26.16-r2^t
> {cjk cracklib debug jemalloc latin1 ldap numa pam +perl profiling
> rocksdb router selinux +server tcmalloc test tokudb
> tokudb-backup-plugin}
> Homepage:
> https://www.percona.com/software/mysql-database/percona-server
> https://github.com/percona/percona-server
> drop-in replacement for MySQL
>

> The ebuild is not updatet since 8.0.26.16.
> The actual versions are not available since a long time.
> Thats why i thought its discontinued.

Perhaps it is lack of a maintainer which caused it to fall behind. I don't use
this package, so I don't really know. I can see there was a bug filed back in
January, requesting the package version is updated. It received no replies:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/890762

For a more authoritative answer you could try to get in touch with the dev
team looking after mysql and its derivatives:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:MySQL

When packages are no longer maintained they are eventually removed from the
tree. I don't see percona on the list of orphan packages:

https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/maintainer-needed.html

If it proves difficult to get hold of the mysql devs, the Treecleaner project
members may know what is planned for percona-server:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Treecleaner

HTH.