must be either 'whether or not" or "whether A or B", no? And which of those
does YES denote? Or perhaps "in hybrid or legacy mode" should just be omitted.

Confused of Tideswell.
Re: Cgroup confusion [ In reply to ]
Hi,

># This switch controls whether or not cgroups version 1 controllers are
># individually mounted under
># /sys/fs/cgroup in hybrid or legacy mode.
>#rc_controller_cgroups="YES"
>
>So, whether or not A or B. How do I translate that into English?
Gentoo has three cgroups mode: legacy, hybrid and unified. cgroups v1 are
created in legacy and hybrid modes, cgroups v2 are created in hybrid and
unified modes.

So the question here is, when cgroups v1 are created, i.e. in hybrid or legacy
mode, do you want, yes or no, controllers to be individually mounted under
/sys/fs/cgroup?

This parameter has no effect when you are in unified mode, because there
are no cgroups v1 in this mode, so it makes sense to specify it applies only
“in hybrid or legacy mode”.
Re: Cgroup confusion [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, 25 April 2023 12:08:18 BST Hoël Bézier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ># This switch controls whether or not cgroups version 1 controllers are
> ># individually mounted under
> ># /sys/fs/cgroup in hybrid or legacy mode.
> >#rc_controller_cgroups="YES"
> >
> >So, whether or not A or B. How do I translate that into English?
>
> Gentoo has three cgroups mode: legacy, hybrid and unified. cgroups v1 are
> created in legacy and hybrid modes, cgroups v2 are created in hybrid and
> unified modes.
>
> So the question here is, when cgroups v1 are created, i.e. in hybrid or
> legacy mode, do you want, yes or no, controllers to be individually mounted
> under /sys/fs/cgroup?
>
> This parameter has no effect when you are in unified mode, because there
> are no cgroups v1 in this mode, so it makes sense to specify it applies only
> “in hybrid or legacy mode”.

It helps to have done something else for 24 hours, and come back to read it
again. I think I understand it now, but it could have been written so much
better.

Actually, I think a bit more structure in the whole file would be a good idea:
where does one section end and the next begin, for instance?

Peter.