Mailing List Archive

Sound control in Enlightenment
Re: Sound control in Enlightenment [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, 12 June 2022 17:13:46 BST wkuz@op.pl wrote:
> I have just reinstalled my Gentoo and discovered some unwanted change.
> Last time "Mixer" had the ability to:
> 1) choose which sound output to use when connected to my
> bluetooth speaker
> 2) set volume above 100%
> 3) every sound playing app could get configured separately from
> system master volume by app's title bar
>
> Now all those features are missing. I guess it's either some app not
> being installed or some USE flag not set. Another possibility is that
> last time I had ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" which now I decided to drop.

I'm on a stable arch, x11-wm/enlightenment-0.25.3 and dev-libs/efl-1.26.2.
With the pulseaudio USE flag not set I get no sound through the laptop built in
speaker. On another system which has pulseaudio set for efl, I recall sound
works, but I have not tested it lately to confirm. I'll get to it within a
week or so and can check if sound works as it should/used to.

> Any ideas if there is possibility to get those features back?
>
> --
> xWK

In the first instance check efl is compiled with USE="pulseaudio".