The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
systemd? ( udev )

So, I would have to remove sys-apps/systemd-249.6 first.
Is it save to
emerge -C sys-apps/systemd

?
Thanks for a hint,
Helmut
Re: Gordian knot systemd / hwids [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 at 16:11, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@skynet.be> wrote:

> Hi
> systemd-249.6-r1 conflicts with sys-apps/hwids[udev]
>
> But when I remove the udev use flag,
> emerge sys-apps/hwids gives
>
> The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> systemd? ( udev )
>

> So, I would have to remove sys-apps/systemd-249.6 first.
> Is it save to
> emerge -C sys-apps/systemd
>
> ?
> Thanks for a hint,

It seems like systems-249.6-r1 has removed support for hwids. There
are references in the ebuild to systemd-hwdb, so I guess they have
their own version. You need to remove the systemd USE flag from hwids
to solve your knot.

Regards,
Arve
Re: Gordian knot systemd / hwids [ In reply to ]
Many thanks Arve,

reemerging sys-apps/hwids with -udev -systemd use flags solved it.
Helmut