Mailing List Archive

new x2goserver - very, very slow
In a remote location I've two boxes that run different x2goserver. An older version of x2goserver-4.0.1.22 is relatively fast and "xfce"-session works OK stand alone.

The newer box run: x2goserver-4.1.0.2
It is painfully slow, almost unusable in addition "xfce"-session the keyboard/mouse will not work as stand alone session.

All the settings of x2go are the same.
How to install an older version, x2goserver-4.0.1.22 ?
Re: new x2goserver - very, very slow [ In reply to ]
On 5/4/21 10:54 PM, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> In a remote location I've two boxes that run different x2goserver. An older version of x2goserver-4.0.1.22 is relatively fast and "xfce"-session works OK stand alone.
>
> The newer box run: x2goserver-4.1.0.2
> It is painfully slow, almost unusable in addition "xfce"-session the keyboard/mouse will not work as stand alone session.
>
> All the settings of x2go are the same.
> How to install an older version, x2goserver-4.0.1.22 ?

I went back to x2goserver-4.0.1.22 and selecting session type: XFCE, the system very fast and responsive.
But Session type: Connect to local desktop is very slow as well.
I don't know why?

Does it has to do anything with the the fact the CPU has an Integrated Graphics?
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics.