On my home network I get about 110MB/s between PC's

Both PC's have SSD and the swith is Gigabit (I think).
How to find a the bottleneck?
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
On 15/01/2021 07:56, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
Hello
> On both of my systems the network card speed is showing 1000
> cat /sys/class/net/enp4s0/speed 1000
>
> but when I do rsync larage file I only see about: 20 to 22MB/s
> On my home network I get about 110MB/s between PC's
>
> Both PC's have SSD and the swith is Gigabit (I think).
> How to find a the bottleneck?

20MB = 80Mb so it sounds like your network is a 100Mb network. What is
the perfs of your switch(s) between your systems ?

Regards,

Hogren
Re: network transfer speed [ In reply to ]
? 2021/1/15 ??2:56, thelma@sys-concept.com ??:
> On both of my systems the network card speed is showing 1000
> cat /sys/class/net/enp4s0/speed 1000
>
> but when I do rsync larage file I only see about: 20 to 22MB/s
> On my home network I get about 110MB/s between PC's
>
> Both PC's have SSD and the swith is Gigabit (I think).
> How to find a the bottleneck?
1000Mbps network card's maximum theoretical speed is about 125MiB/s.
It only works in short distances.

The real speed is depending on where the files are and all devices on
the link.
So where are  the files?