Cannot find /silo.conf (Unknown ext2 error)

Pls help me.
Thanks!
Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
I placed silo.conf in the /etc directory according to the installation
manual,but I ever tried to place a copy to the root directory,and it doesn't
work yet.

I am sure i compiled ext2 support into the kernel.But I formatted the root
partion as ext3.

The contents of silo.conf:

partition = 1
root = /dev/sdb1 # I installed gentoo onto the second scsi disk
timeout = 10

image = /boot/kernel-2.6.20-r4
label = linux

The contents of the /etc/fstab:

/dev/sdb1 / ext3 noatime 0 1
/dev/sdb2 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/sdb4 /usr ext3 noatime 0 2
/dev/sdb5 /var ext3 noatime 0 2
/dev/sdb6 /home ext3 noatime 0 2

openprom /proc/openprom openpromfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user 0 0

Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
On Aug 24, 2007, at 9:22 PM, Bryan wrote:

> I placed silo.conf in the /etc directory according to the
> installation manual,but I ever tried to place a copy to the root
> directory,and it doesn't work yet.
>
> I am sure i compiled ext2 support into the kernel.But I formatted
> the root partion as ext3.

Did you run 'silo' at the command prompt and make sure everything is
found okay?
Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
Yes,it's ok.

Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
The booting message is as follows:

Boot device:disk File and args:
SILO Version 1.4.13

Cannot find /silo.conf (Unknown ext2 error)

Couldn't load /silo.conf
No config file loaded,you can boot just from this command line
Type [prompath;]part/path_to_image [parameters] on the prompt
E.g. /iommu/sbus/espdma/esp/sd@3,0;4/vminux root=/dev/sda4
or 2/vmlinux.live (to load vmlinux.live from 2nd partition of boot disk)
boot:

Any body can tell me what to do?

Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
Now I can go into the next step.I have 2 scsi disks,when booting,the first
disk is default.

But now the system shows"booting Linux...",and dead.
Re: help for silo [ In reply to ]
Try this:

mv /etc/silo.conf /boot
ln -s /boot/silo.conf /etc