Mailing List Archive

E450
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:47:22PM -0500, Nick Smith wrote:
> well it is an e450 im working with but it only has 2.3gigs of ram atm,
> so i shouldnt have to turn anything off. does the 2.6 kernel support
> SMP for sparc? IIRC when i tried it almost a year ago it was really
> unstable or something. is that all cleared up now?

I have e450 with only 2 GB of RAM and with 4 CPUs. I run 2.6.12.1 there without
many problems. I have compiled my own kernel because I had problems with
official Aurora (FC 3 for Sparc) 2.6.11... kernels several months ago. I have
not checked the newest ones, maybe I could even switch to recent official
version.

R.
--
Je¿eli upadnie cywilizacja zachodnia, to bêdzie szansa na odbudowê cywilizacji
chrze¶cijañskiej. (dr Stanis³aw Krajski, Radio Maryja, 10 X 2001)