if I should be paying closer attention here...

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@madboa.com <> www.madboa.com
Re: Executable stacks [ In reply to ]
I thought that check was only in portage-2.1, but regaradless,
exectuable stacks are not yet fixable on sparc to my knowledge ( talked
to vapier about it a bit ago ) and sparc is not checked for executable
stacks in the trunk of portage, but that fix has not yet been released.
In conclusion, ignore it because it can't necessarily be fixed on sparc
anyhow ;)

Re: Executable stacks [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:58:23 -0800 (PST) Paul Heinlein
<heinlein@madboa.com> wrote:
| Recently, I've been getting warnings during emerge sessions on my
| Blade 100 (2.4 kernel, sparc64/2005.1 profile):
|
| QA Notice: the following files contain executable stacks
| Files with executable stacks will not work properly (or at all!)
| on some architectures/operating systems. A bug should be filed
| at http://bugs.gentoo.org/ to make sure the file is fixed.
|
| Nothing seems broken, and so far I've ignored them, but I'm wondering
| if I should be paying closer attention here...

This is another example of blatantly irresponsible behaviour from a few
of our hardened developers. The warning is nonsense and should be
ignored.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (King of all Londinium)
Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
Re: Executable stacks [ In reply to ]

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

> This is another example of blatantly irresponsible behaviour from a
> few of our hardened developers. The warning is nonsense and should
> be ignored.

Thanks, Alec and Ciaran, for your prompt and clear replies!

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@madboa.com <> www.madboa.com