Mailing List Archive

problem on boot
Hi

I have a 220R box and I followed the steps from:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-sparc.xml

But when I finished gentoo does not work. the message is:

Sun Enterprise 220R (ultrasparc - II 450 MHz), keyboard present
OpenBoot 3.23 1024 MB memory installed, serail #12050420.

rebooting with command: boot
boot device: disk file and args:
SILO version 1.4.9
boot:
Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for keernel
loaded kernel 2.4.32

remapping the kernel ... FP disable

ok

and gentoo wont start.

this sis my silo.conf file

partition = 1 # Boot partition (= root partition)
root = /dev/sda1 # Root partition
timeout = 20 # Wait 2 seconds before booting the default section

image = /boot/kernel-2.4.32
label = linux

And these are the results from mout command
# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on /mnt/cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/loop/0 on /mnt/livecd type squashfs (ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
tmpfs on /mnt/livecd/lib/firmware type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /mnt/livecd/usr/portage type tmpfs (rw)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
none on /proc/openprom type openpromfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda4 on /home type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda5 on /usr type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda6 on /var type ext3 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)

Finally this is my fstab file

cat /etc/fstab
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/fstab,v 1.18.4.1
2005/01/31 23:05:14 vapier Exp $
#
# noatime turns off atimes for increased performance (atimes normally aren't
# needed; notail increases performance of ReiserFS (at the expense of
storage
# efficiency). It's safe to drop the noatime options if you want and to
# switch between notail / tail freely.
#
# See the manpage fstab(5) for more information.

<dump/pass>

# NOTE: If your BOOT partition is ReiserFS, add the notail option to opts.
/dev/sda1 / ext3
defaults,noatime 0 1
/dev/sda2 none swap
sw 0 0
/dev/sda4 /home ext3
defaults,noatime 1 2
/dev/sda5 /usr ext3
defaults,noatime 1 2
/dev/sda6 /var ext3
defaults,noatime 1 2
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660
noauto,ro 0 0
#/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
noauto 0 0

# NOTE: The next line is critical for boot!
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

# glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
# POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
# (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
# use almost no memory if not populated with files)
shm /dev/shm tmpfs
nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0

I dont really know what thing did wrong . Does anyone can tell me what
should I do for solve this problem.
If you need more information. ask me :)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English

Best regards

Mario