be the best solution to my dilemma. It'd essentially just be a way of
taking advantage of their one advantage over gentoo sparc.

jbw

Re: 2.6 kernel development [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:14:22 -0500 Jason Williams
<jason.b.williams@gmail.com> wrote:
| The dilemma here is that I much prefer gentoo sparc in every other
| respect than the kernel (well maybe speed of getting a running system,
| but that I understand and am willing to deal with - that's gentoo in
| general;-). Why is it that their 2.6 kernel is so great while gentoo's
| is so unstable?

Because you're running it on different hardware which doesn't happen to
be affected by any of the weird unfixed bugs. The kernels are just the
same.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
RE: 2.6 kernel development [ In reply to ]
What problems do you face running 2.6 using Gentoo sources? For the longest
time I was using 2.6.11-hardened-r15 before switching to a custom version of
2.6.13, I had no issues...

Andrew Ruef