Mailing List Archive

lm sensors on Ultra-2 ?
I recently suffered quite a number of outages on my server due to a
power supply that had gone flakey and was overheating.

What sensors are available for Sparc (UltraSparc 2) boxen, if any?

I've got the whole spate of them compiled as modules, but I'm not
seeing anything that looks obvious.

Thanks!

--
Leif Sawyer -- Pi@4398680
(907) 868-0116 || lsawyer@gci.com || leif@gci.net || internic:

Re: lm sensors on Ultra-2 ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:22:38AM -0800, Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com> wrote:
> I recently suffered quite a number of outages on my server due to a
> power supply that had gone flakey and was overheating.
>
> What sensors are available for Sparc (UltraSparc 2) boxen, if any?
>
> I've got the whole spate of them compiled as modules, but I'm not
> seeing anything that looks obvious.

To my knowledge, the USIIs don't support sensors. I think that came in
with USIIe or USIII or something...

Maybe someone else can be me certain then me, but I doubt a lot that
they would work.

Regards,
Tom
--
Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
Re: lm sensors on Ultra-2 ? [ In reply to ]
I know the Netra T1 which has a USIIe (or i, I allways forget) should be
able to monitor stuff since it can control the fan's in the machine, and
LOM can show temps of the inside of the machine.
From what I was told there was support for it in kernel 2.4.xx
somewhere, but not in 2.6.xx sadly.
Fan's running 100% constantly is driving me mad, so the machine isn't on
that much....

Regards,

Tom