ppc 32bit

Thanks ++
Richard

Re: Newbie question [ In reply to ]
On 4/29/06, Richard <CMS01@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> have to start some where...
>
> coming form Mac OSX,
> and downloaded the ppc 32 bit installation and packages iso. of Gentoo 2006,
> burn two cd-r
>
> however, have a snag in the install, is there a how to install
> on Mac G4 , running a quicksilver with 512mb and a 60gb hard drive,
> and nvida 32mb video card. all standard equipment.
>
> Do I need to wipe the Mac Hard clean first?
> or can Gentoo install do that?
>
> Looking for some doc's on the 1,2,3 steps.. to do a install on Mac G4
> ppc 32bit

This http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml might be
right for you although there are way more than 3 steps ;-)

Nicolas

Re: Newbie question [ In reply to ]
The suggested method of using the OS X installer to partition the hard drive
would wipe out your files. You may want to back up your user directory
first.

--
Kmail on Gentoo/PPC