Mailing List Archive

Using a projector with linuxppc
Theres a little plug on most recent iBooks and powerbooks that has the label
of a monitor : |O| except the O is a rectangle ...I wanted to use my PPC
linux laptop to give a presentation...and typically, if one were using a
powerbook with OSX you can simply plug the projector into that port and it
automagically works upon boot. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this
held true for an ibook on linux as well...im running it on a iBook4
G3...with the latest vanilla sources. its the white one and the first to
have 2 usb 1.1 ports. I imagine it should, seems hard-wired...but I just
wanted to be sure before I went to put on the show...

Also, is a wireless airport card the only card available? Does anyone know
any non-usb alternatives that are supported in linux and also physically fit
in an iBook?

And if anyone who has contributed to the Gentoo Linux project happens to
read this...I wanted to extend a big thank you for putting together the best
damned linux distro, or any os for that matter, out there for people to
enjoy...you're do an exceptional job.

Thanks.

Best,
alden