I have tried using video=radeon and video=atyfb

After much google searhcing I found a "m6mirror" command-line tool which
should switch the CRT on/off. This doesn't seem to help.

Whenever connecting to the external monitor there is just a white screen
on the external while the LCD remains fine.

I am not sure where to go from here to try get this working, but working
on a bigger monitor would be an advantage ;-)

email: adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Re: LCD-CRT Cloning for Radeon Mobility 9200 (12" iBook G4) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

* Mr. Adam Allen. <adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk> [2005-07-08]:
> I am trying to configure my iBook so that I can connect up to an
> external monitor. Under Mac OS/X this works fine, but not under Gentoo.

I have only managed to configure X11 tu use an external monitor.
Take a look at the xorg.xonf files on http://www.aronchi.org/LinuxOnIBookG4

Another thing I noticed is that it even depends on the VGA cable
(if you are using the mini-DVI-to-VGA-Adapter) whether this works
or not: with Mac OS X any VGA-cable will do, under Gentoo some
will not work (depends on what pins are missing).

> After much google searhcing I found a "m6mirror" command-line tool which
> should switch the CRT on/off. This doesn't seem to help.

pbbuttonsd should be able to do that, too, but I have not yet
tried this feature.

:wq
Re: LCD-CRT Cloning for Radeon Mobility 9200 (12" iBook G4) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 08:04 +0200, Markus Moebs wrote:
> Hi,
>

> * Mr. Adam Allen. <adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk> [2005-07-08]:
> > I am trying to configure my iBook so that I can connect up to an
> > external monitor. Under Mac OS/X this works fine, but not under Gentoo.
>
> I have only managed to configure X11 tu use an external monitor.
> Take a look at the xorg.xonf files on http://www.aronchi.org/LinuxOnIBookG4
>
> Another thing I noticed ed is that it even depends on the VGA cable
> (if you are using the mini-DVI-to-VGA-Adapter) whether this works
> or not: with Mac OS X any VGA-cable will do, under Gentoo some
> will not work (depends on what pins are missing).

It looks like Pins 5/9 are missing in the lead which aren't listed as
having a purpose. But I'm trying to use old monitors/leads.

Thanks for the pointers at least now I've veriifed my xorg config wasn't
too badly broken ;-)

email: adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk