it does blank and/or turn off as expected.)

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Re: Where to set console blanking timeout? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 13:57 -0300, Chris L. Mason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have gentoo working okay on my iMac G5 (ppc64), but I cannot figure out
> how to change the default screen blanking timeout. After 10 minutes the screen
> goes blank, and if I hit any key it comes back.
>
> Can someone please tell me where I need to change this setting? Is it an option
> I need to pass to the framebuffer on boot?

Set it to 15min:
setterm -blank 15

To disable it:
setterm -powersave off

//David Holm
Re: Where to set console blanking timeout? [ In reply to ]
On 5/31/05, David Holm <dholm@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Set it to 15min:
> setterm -blank 15
>
> To disable it:
> setterm -powersave off

Thanks for the info David. I haven't had the chance to test
this yet, but I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll try it then.

Chris

Re: Where to set console blanking timeout? [ In reply to ]
Okay, I've tried this and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I tried changing
the blank time and setting powersave to off on the console and it had no effect.

I then ran X and tried running it there and still no effect, always
blanks after 10
minutes. Note I'm running kernel 2.6.12-rc5.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Re: Where to set console blanking timeout? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 03:25 -0700, Chris L. Mason wrote:
> Okay, I've tried this and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I tried changing
> the blank time and setting powersave to off on the console and it had no effect.
>
> I then ran X and tried running it there and still no effect, always
> blanks after 10
> minutes. Note I'm running kernel 2.6.12-rc5.

X takes over control of power when you start it. Try:
xset s noblank