Mailing List Archive

Re: ALSA on my PowerBookG4(6, 2)...newbie needs help
On Sat, May 14, 2005 6:49 pm, Charles Read said:

> I just installed Gentoo on my PBG4, it is 1000MHz and about a year old. I
> used genkernel to make my kernel so according to the ALSA Howto on
> Gentoo.org I should have sound support. I have made sure that my USE
> variable contains 'alsa' but when I do a 'lspci | grep -i audio' nothing
> audio related shows up. Does this mean my soundcard wasnt detected?

lspci shows nothing on my iBook G4 either, but the option you need is
SND_POWWERMAC, in Device Drivers->Sound->Alsa->ALSA Powermac devices.

Re: ALSA on my PowerBookG4(6, 2)...newbie needs help [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the write back! I compiled that as part of the kernel and not
a module, yet nothing is detected at startup and /proc/asound/cards shows
nothing... how did you get it working? How can I test to make sure that
it is in the kernel? or does the fact that were having this convo say
that? Thanks bunches!!!

CR