Nick Smith a.k.a. Computer Nick
Web - http://www.computernick.com
Email - Nick@ComputerNick.com

Re: reiserfs on ppc [ In reply to ]
* Nick Smith <nick@computernick.com> [05/02/21 01:20 -0500]:
> what problems does ppc have with reiserfs? does anybody use it?

Losing data. I use it on some data partitions (it's a
harddisk that I migrated from an x86). I can't tell about
any errors yet, but probably it's different on
boot-partitions.

You can try it, but on your own risk. We are not
responsible for lost data.

> its normally all i use on x86 boxes. should i go with ext3? i
> was really hoping for the performance gains in reiser.

I'm using XFS on my ppc-systems as the main Filesystem.
It's really stable and has also several improvements like
ReiserFS.

Regards, Lars
Re: reiserfs on ppc [ In reply to ]

Re: reiserfs on ppc [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I'm using ReiserFS on my PowerBook for about a year (/home and /).
I don't have any problems yet and i even did some resizing and moving.

Andreas