Mailing List Archive

Pcmcia wireless (Prism54) card
Hi all !

I seem to have a big problem with my wireless card (SMC2835W) on my Powerbook
G4 (Powerbook5,6 according to /proc/cpuinfo).

In fact, the system fails to reset the card, and I get a message saying :

"No 'reset complete' IRQ seen"
"Your card may be faulty, or IRQ line too busy"

I have been searching the prism54 and gentoo forums for 4 days now and tried
out a score of workarounds, but I cannot get the card to work. Rather, the
card seems to be detected (I can get some info from iwconfig and can even set
the channel), but can't assign it an IP address (with ifconfig).

Here's what I tried :
1) I did an lspci -vv and adjusted the memory and port include lines in
my /etc/pcmcia/config.opts. They seem to be correct now...
2) I have modified the kernel sources according to a thread I read on the
prism54 forum.
3) I have tried several kernels (gentoo-dev-sources, developement-sources, and
mm-sources)

What drives me crazy is that this card is actually reported to work on
Powerbooks.

If anyone has any idea how to get it to work, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan