-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.

Re: PPC Installation? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:33:19 -0400
Michael George <george@mutualdata.com> wrote:

> I am trying Gentoo again on my Power Mac. I thought that the last
> time I tried it there was an installation guide specific to the PPC.
> However, I
> see notes now that all have been consolidated into the Handbook.

there is a handbook written for PPC:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml

> Makes sense, but I'm to where I am to copy the kernel to /boot, but
> I have several to choose from. It looks like zImage.pmac (linked to
> vmlinux.coff) is the one I'd want, but the handbook doesn't discuss
> ppc directly.

for my ibook I had to use the vmlinux binary

> Also, won't the bootloader installation be completely different for
> PPC vs. x86?

yes, grub and lilo AFAIK only work for x86... for PPC you have yaboot
and BootX... for further information look at the PPC handbook

> Thanks!

Bye

--
GPG Public Key: 0x5BE41F21 at http://slomosnail.de/files/gpg.asc

begin LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter
end