Does anyone know why?
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@aecom.yu.edu

Re: CONFIG_THERM_PM72 is missing from .config from recent kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11) [ In reply to ]
Hello Maurice

> It's missing from .config in at least a few releases of recent
> kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11).

Definitly not true, at least for ppc32.

$ zgrep THERM_PM72 /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_THERM_PM72=y

$ uname -a
Linux g5 2.6.10-gentoo-r6-g5 #6 SMP Wed Jan 26 23:05:05 CET 2005 ppc
PPC970, altivec supported PowerMac7,2 GNU/Linux

Greets,
Michael

--
Gentoo Developer (PowerPC, MacOS) using m0n0wall | http://hansmi.ch/
BOFH Excuse #39:
Re: CONFIG_THERM_PM72 is missing from .config from recent kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11) [ In reply to ]
>Hello Maurice
>
>> It's missing from .config in at least a few releases of recent
>> kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11).
>
>Definitly not true, at least for ppc32.

Note that..

1) I looked only at official kernel source code
and
2) I looked only at a few releases, not every patchset.
and
3) I looked only at the resulting .config file after preparing it
with make menuconfig.

>Linux g5 2.6.10-gentoo-r6-g5 #6 SMP Wed Jan 26 23:05:05 CET 2005 ppc
>PPC970, altivec supported PowerMac7,2 GNU/Linux

From what I can tell, the .config file is built up from different
files. I just looked at gentoo-dev-sources for this version and it
is, in fact, present for ppc64 in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6/arch/ppc64/defconfig

That suggests the mechanism that generates the .config files is not
working right under certain circumstances related to the 64bit G5.
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@aecom.yu.edu