* copying it into an overlay
* add EAPI="prefix"
* update the digest

It has some bugs, but if there is interest in this I can clean it up
and release it to others. (Obviously not all ebuilds will "just work"
with this hack, but it should remove some of the monotony of adding
ebuild that just require on this (lots of java ones for example)).

-matt

Re: Tool to add EAPI="prefix" [ In reply to ]
Hi matt!

Could you perhaps also do the
"make DESTDIR=${D} install" -> "make DESTDIR=${EDEST} install"
trick in your script? That would make it probably perfect for a lot
ebuilds...

I like the idea!

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
Re: Tool to add EAPI="prefix" [ In reply to ]
Sure let me clean up a few issues, and add this functionality, then
I'll put it out.

Re: Tool to add EAPI="prefix" [ In reply to ]
Here's an attempt at public consumption....

There's two files, to run them one will need to export a variable
containing the PREFIX (we are using STARGATE_HOME) (see the 9th line
of addeapi.py). Also the emegeparts.py file is the dependency
generation stuff. I add portage to sys.path at the top and am
hardcoding that value...(so one will need to update that).

Now with both files in the same directory, call something like:
python addeapi.py -e eclipse-core
which will take the ebuild for eclipse-core from PORTDIR and copy it
into an overlay. It will add EAPI="prefix", update EDEST and digest
it.

Send feedback comments my way.

On that note, we have quite a few java components added to prefix:
ant commons-el jakarta-regexp saxpath
ant-core commons-fileupload java-config servletapi
ant-tasks commons-httpclient javacup struts
antlr commons-lang jaxen struts-legacy
avalon-logkit commons-launcher jdepend sun-jaf-bin
bcel commons-logging jdom sun-jdk
bsf commons-modeler jsch sun-jmx
bsh commons-net junit xalan
commons-beanutils commons-pool jython xerces
commons-collections commons-validator jzlib xjavac
commons-daemon dom4j libreadline-java xml-commons
commons-dbcp gnu-crypto log4j xml-commons-external
commons-digester jakarta-oro rhino xml-commons-resolver

Where can we put these?

-matt