Mailing List Archive

[PREFIX] portage 2.1.11 updates...
I'm running on 2.1.11. Sitll getting the OSError: [Errno 2] No such
file or directory: '/tmp/Mar17/var/lib/portage/world'
after installing portage and running emerge --info

Is there a place to file bugs to keep track of this stuff?

I'm off to a mtg right now but will keep trying 2.1.11 today ....

Re: [PREFIX] portage 2.1.11 updates... [ In reply to ]
On Mar 17, 2006, at 12:59 PM, m h wrote:

> I'm running on 2.1.11. Sitll getting the OSError: [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory: '/tmp/Mar17/var/lib/portage/world'
> after installing portage and running emerge --info

Hmm, none of us are able to reproduce your problems yet. Out of
curiosity, does /var/lib/portage exist? i.e. is it getting the
locations confused? Take a look at portage_const_autotool.py and
portage_const.py and make sure the variables are sane.

> Is there a place to file bugs to keep track of this stuff?

Not yet, we are having a meeting on IRC in #gentoo-alt this sunday at
20:00UTC (please attend if you have time) and we will discuss this.

> I'm off to a mtg right now but will keep trying 2.1.11 today ....

--Kito

Re: [PREFIX] portage 2.1.11 updates... [ In reply to ]
OSX Folks-

Again I apologize for the apparent spamming.

On 3/17/06, Kito <kito@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2006, at 12:59 PM, m h wrote:
>
> > I'm running on 2.1.11. Sitll getting the OSError: [Errno 2] No such
> > file or directory: '/tmp/Mar17/var/lib/portage/world'
> > after installing portage and running emerge --info
>
> Hmm, none of us are able to reproduce your problems yet. Out of
> curiosity, does /var/lib/portage exist? i.e. is it getting the
> locations confused? Take a look at portage_const_autotool.py and
> portage_const.py and make sure the variables are sane.

/var/lib/portage doesn't exist.
The portage_const* files appear to have sensible values.

> > Is there a place to file bugs to keep track of this stuff?
>
> Not yet, we are having a meeting on IRC in #gentoo-alt this sunday at
> 20:00UTC (please attend if you have time) and we will discuss this.

I'll see if I can catch the tail end of it.

Here's what I'll do. I'll post a script that automates my linux build
process. Then other folks can try it and see if they replicate what I
do. Sound fair?

Again, I want to work with you guys, not be a burden.
'thanks

matt