Hi
QT is installing fine but I can't install any KDE packages as they ask
for >=automake-1.7.0 and OS X provides 1.6. What's the correct way to
handle that to try to install kate & konqueror without messing up the
system?
Thanks
--
Sylvain OBEGI
Re: Automake 1.7.0 & KDE Packages [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:24:19PM +0100, Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
> Hi
> QT is installing fine but I can't install any KDE packages as they ask
> for >=automake-1.7.0 and OS X provides 1.6. What's the correct way to
> handle that to try to install kate & konqueror without messing up the
> system?
> Thanks

I'm affraid the short answer that satisfies all of your conditions for
the moment is "not". You cannot install a newer version of automake
without colliding with system provided files. Best thing might be to
use fink's automake, or mess with installing automake yourself in an
alternative location and patch up your path or the ebuilds to use/find
your new automake earlier than the system provided one.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead