-dave
--
The way that can be named is not the Way.

Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
David Cummings wrote:
> I figured I ought to try and setup a xcompile toolchain to speed
> things up, but an emerge gcc-mips64 failed with this:

That's because gcc-mips64 is only for mips machines. Use crossdev to
emerge a proper cross-toolchain.

-Steve
Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
point taken, thanks

Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
ahem, one more thing...what target am I looking for? mips64-elf?
mips-unknown-linux-glibc? mips-gentoo-linux-glibc?
thanks for your help
for the time being this will be only for the kernel...

Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
how do I unsubscribe from this list?

--- David Cummings <real.psyence@gmail.com> wrote:

> ahem, one more thing...what target am I looking for?
> mips64-elf?
> mips-unknown-linux-glibc? mips-gentoo-linux-glibc?
> thanks for your help
> for the time being this will be only for the
> kernel...
>
> On 7/1/05, David Cummings <real.psyence@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > point taken, thanks
> >
> > On 7/1/05, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> toolchain to speed
> with this:
> > > >
> > > That's because gcc-mips64 is only for mips
> machines. Use crossdev to
> > > emerge a proper cross-toolchain.
> > >
> > > -Steve
> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > The way that can be named is not the Way.
> >

> --
> The way that can be named is not the Way.

Mike Poullas
656 rue Pierre
Laval, Qc., H7X 3T1
(450) 969-4642
E-mail: mikepoullas@yahoo.com
Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/mikepoullas/

Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
To unsubscribe from a list, send an empty email to:

so...

Re: gcc-mips64 emerge failed [ In reply to ]
David Cummings wrote:
> ahem, one more thing...what target am I looking for? mips64-elf?
> mips-unknown-linux-glibc? mips-gentoo-linux-glibc?

It doesn't really matter too much, since you only want a stage1
toolchain (gcc and binutils only). You could do mips64-linux if you
want, but I usually do mips64-unknown-linux-gnu just to be consistent
with Gentoo naming schemes.

-Steve