Mailing List Archive

ARCLoad is in portage
I just dropped arcload-0.41 into portage (sys-boot/arcload), and marked it
~mips. The `postinst` section has the basic usage instructions, however,
everyone is encouraged to read the Wiki page at:

http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/index.php/ARCLoad

For more concise information. Also, this will likely be a fast-moving package
(it was at version 0.1 about two weeks ago), so don't be too surprised by quick
updates. Although, the featureset is mostly complete nowadays.

For reference: this is the bootloader everyone has been waiting for - on-disk
booting for all our supported systems; ip22, ip27, ip28, ip30, ip32.

Enjoy!

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond