O2 - stage1 bootstrap with mips-headers for 2.6 kernels
Hello guys,

I would like to ask you about %subj. I read some docs about it but I could not found how I can bootstrap mips-headers for 2.6 kernels. Is this . Is this possible in bootstrap and/or do I have to switch to 2.6 later.
If I try:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~mips" emerge -p mips-headers
it shows just 2.4.23 headers will be emerged in bootstrap

Thanks for guiding

Petr
Re: O2 - stage1 bootstrap with mips-headers for 2.6 kernels [ In reply to ]
PetrĀ“s mailing list wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to ask you about %subj. I read some docs about it but I could not found how I can bootstrap mips-headers for 2.6 kernels. Is this . Is this possible in bootstrap and/or do I have to switch to 2.6 later.
> If I try:
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~mips" emerge -p mips-headers
> it shows just 2.4.23 headers will be emerged in bootstrap
>
> Thanks for guiding
>
> Petr

Petr,

Up until very recently, 2.6 headers didn't work at all with Gentoo/mips
userland. Therefore, they have been in package.mask. Basically, glibc
would be screwed and a bunch of other stuff wouldn't compile. However,
mips-headers-2.6.11 should be unmasked (for ~mips only) very soon if not
already. These *seem* to be safe, but there are no promises. If you
are not using the ~mips keyword for everything, I recommend you just
stick with the 2.4 headers for now, as we can guarantee they work.

Steve