Mailing List Archive

Re: Re:
On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 10:35 -0800, Tuxus wrote:
> The snake
>

> :)

What's the deal man?

Please scan your machine for viruses, i'm really sick of getting these
mails from you ever day.

Luke Macken <lewk@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux Security Team
Re: Re: [ In reply to ]
Luke Macken wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 10:35 -0800, Tuxus wrote:
>
>>The snake
>>

>>:)
>>
>>--
>

> What's the deal man?
>
> Please scan your machine for viruses, i'm really sick of getting these
> mails from you ever day.
>
> Thanks,

Luke: In all likely hood, tuxus isn't the sender of these messages. It's
probably a user signed up here w/ a windows box that's infected, and probably
has traded emails w/ tuxus lately. Remember, a few months ago, I was having
the same problem of having my address spoofed to this list, and I *know* it
wasn't my windows box doing the spamming, and it sure isn't responsible for
this round either.

cybersystem: is there anyway to get these mails tracked down and possibly
pinpointed to a user that may be subscribed to this list?

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small
hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."