Mailing List Archive

System Donation
I have been using Gentoo for a few years now and would like to give
something back to the community.

My family and I just got stationed at Quantico Va and if anyone knows
that area they know that house prices are through the roof. The new
house that we are in is not big enough to house my HPPA system that
seconds as a space heater :-) So what I want to do is donate it to
the Gentoo project / community. So if anyone wants an awesome HPPA
system the only thing you have to do is pay shipping or come and pick
it up.

The system is a HP J5600 Visualize it has a video card that I can not
get to work because it's drivers are closed source but it displays the
console nicely :-) The J5600 is a dual proc. system and has 1.5G of
ram along with 4 scsi hot-swappable drives. (if the person that wants
this system comes and picks it up I will give you some extra 18.2G
Quantum Fireball SCSI drives)

I prefer that Gentoo developers get first dibs but will not contest to
someone from the community getting it. I have been using the system
as a web / NFS server for my network at home and it never had any
hiccups and had an uptime a little over 2 years before we moved.

Anyone that wants the system can contact myself:
Derek Tracy (540) 548-8676 | tracyde@gmail.com