patchbundle)?

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
Re: SELinux userspace patches in hardened-dev? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:47:32 +0000
Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is it ok if I create a branch in the hardened-dev repo (called
> "selinux-userland") which contains the patches for the various SELinux
> userland packages we maintain?
>
> Or would you prefer a different way to centrally manage the patches
> (they sometimes become too large to be put in the ${FILESDIR} so I
> moved towards a patchbundle)?
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

It would be certainly helpful for downstream users/developers like me.

Regards,
Luis Ressel
Re: SELinux userspace patches in hardened-dev? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 00:53:41 +0200
Luis Ressel <aranea@aixah.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:47:32 +0000
> Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it ok if I create a branch in the hardened-dev repo (called
> > "selinux-userland") which contains the patches for the various
> > SELinux userland packages we maintain?
> >
> > Or would you prefer a different way to centrally manage the patches
> > (they sometimes become too large to be put in the ${FILESDIR} so I
> > moved towards a patchbundle)?
> >
> > Wkr,
> > Sven Vermeulen
> >

> It would be certainly helpful for downstream users/developers like me.

Oh, and to answer your actual question: I think a branch would be fine.

Regards,
Luis Ressel
Re: SELinux userspace patches in hardened-dev? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:47:32 +0000
Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is it ok if I create a branch in the hardened-dev repo (called
> "selinux-userland") which contains the patches for the various SELinux
> userland packages we maintain?
>
> Or would you prefer a different way to centrally manage the patches
> (they sometimes become too large to be put in the ${FILESDIR} so I
> moved towards a patchbundle)?
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

Are these only patches or packages?
If only patches I think it's better to put them in separate repository.
Mainly because hardened-dev is used for portage tree stuff and some
other parts of hardened (proj/hardened-gccpatchset.git
proj/hardened-patchset.git) keep patches separately.
Perhaps hardened-selinuxpatchset?

Amadeusz
Re: SELinux userspace patches in hardened-dev? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:50:35 +0200
Amadeusz Sławiński <amade@asmblr.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 12:47:32 +0000
> Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it ok if I create a branch in the hardened-dev repo (called
> > "selinux-userland") which contains the patches for the various
> > SELinux userland packages we maintain?
> >
> > Or would you prefer a different way to centrally manage the patches
> > (they sometimes become too large to be put in the ${FILESDIR} so I
> > moved towards a patchbundle)?
> >
> > Wkr,
> > Sven Vermeulen
> >

> Are these only patches or packages?
> If only patches I think it's better to put them in separate
> repository. Mainly because hardened-dev is used for portage tree
> stuff and some other parts of hardened (proj/hardened-gccpatchset.git
> proj/hardened-patchset.git) keep patches separately.
> Perhaps hardened-selinuxpatchset?
>
> Amadeusz

I'd rather not have to keep track of yet another repository. What's
wrong with a branch? Using "git checkout --orphan newbranch", one can
create completely independent branches.

Regards,
Luis ressel