Since the 3.10 kernel line is the 10th long-term stable release
according to wikipedia I had hoped I could stick with it for a while.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Maintenance

Are there any plans to keep 3.10 around for some time in Gentoo
hardened? If so it would be nice to get 3.10.11 back in the unstable
tree for the people not affected by bug #485120.

In any case, thanks to the people providing gentoo hardened!

Andreas
Re: hardened-sources-3.10.x and long-term plans [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:14:44AM +0200, Andreas Prieß wrote:
> Hei!
>
> I see that hardened-sources-3.10.10 and 3.10.11 were removed because of
> bug #485120.
>
> I just wanted to note that for me the currently stable 3.10.1-r1 has a
> reproducible kernel panic while booting on my AMD FX-8150 (something
> with init of timer systems IIRC), but 3.9.9. and 3.10.10/11 boot and run
> without a problem, so I never cared to report this.
>
> Since the 3.10 kernel line is the 10th long-term stable release
> according to wikipedia I had hoped I could stick with it for a while.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Maintenance
>
> Are there any plans to keep 3.10 around for some time in Gentoo
> hardened? If so it would be nice to get 3.10.11 back in the unstable
> tree for the people not affected by bug #485120.
>
> In any case, thanks to the people providing gentoo hardened!

I hope it's ok to answer for the Gentoo Hardened team (since I'm just a user):

Grsec upstream won't support 3.10.x but the coming longterm ubuntu kernel (most
likely someting around 3.13.x or the like. That will be the next Gentoo
longterm kernel too, I presume.
IIRC there ma be a 3.10.x longterm release with hardened patches and backports
but not from the official grsec/PaX upstream but by ncopa (iirc again for
Alpine Linux). The Github Repo is here:
https://github.com/ncopa/linux-stable-grsec/tree/linux-3.10.y-grsec

WKR
Hinnerk