I also knew the existence of a base rsbac_policy based hardened gentoo
subproject? is there anything written about it?

Thanks for all.
rsbac-sources and PaX [ In reply to ]
Hi all, I saw that in the last ebuild (3.4.1), PaX is in
UNIPATCH_EXCLUDE. What have you Planned about this?.

I also knew the existence of a base rsbac_policy based hardened gentoo
subproject? is there anything written about it?

Thanks for all.

PD: klondike, if you check the logs from mailing-list "someone" by
error sent this mail to gentoo-hardened@lists.gentoo.org, just me...
please burn it.
Re: rsbac-sources and PaX [ In reply to ]
On 11/22/2012 12:49 PM, Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón wrote:

> Hi all, I saw that in the last ebuild (3.4.1), PaX is in
> UNIPATCH_EXCLUDE. What have you Planned about this?.
>
> I also knew the existence of a base rsbac_policy based hardened gentoo
> subproject? is there anything written about it?
>
> Thanks for all.

When last I tried to apply the pax patches on top of rsbac, they did not
go. People kept saying the did, but they did not without hacking. If
you want to provide me with an rsbac patchset and pax patchset that are
compat I will try again.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
Re: rsbac-sources and PaX [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/12 21:37, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> On 11/22/2012 12:49 PM, Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón wrote:
>>

>> Hi all, I saw that in the last ebuild (3.4.1), PaX is in
>> UNIPATCH_EXCLUDE. What have you Planned about this?.
>>
>> I also knew the existence of a base rsbac_policy based hardened gentoo
>> subproject? is there anything written about it?
>>
>> Thanks for all.
>>

> When last I tried to apply the pax patches on top of rsbac, they did not
> go. People kept saying the did, but they did not without hacking. If
> you want to provide me with an rsbac patchset and pax patchset that are
> compat I will try again.

Hi Anthony, thanks for your reply. I think that there are no one PaX
version compatible with rsbac patch by default without patching at hand.
They are always rejections in mm.c and some others, and always in the
same places and it seems it will not change in the future.

This is really tricky because to solve it I don't always know if I'm
doing things in a correct way.
Re: rsbac-sources and PaX [ In reply to ]
This is the patch.

linuxnopax is kernel 3.4.1 with rsbac patch implemented and PaX broken
when fail patching (excluded rejections and orig files), linux 3.4.1 is
handheld solved rejections patched PaX and rsbac.

Surely I broken things and maybe one 5 years child would do a better job
than me, can you tell me your opinion? are there broken things?

Re: rsbac-sources and PaX [ In reply to ]
On 03/12/12 17:58, Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón wrote:

> This is the patch.
>
> linuxnopax is kernel 3.4.1 with rsbac patch implemented and PaX broken
> when fail patching (excluded rejections and orig files), linux 3.4.1 is
> handheld solved rejections patched PaX and rsbac.
>
> Surely I broken things and maybe one 5 years child would do a better job
> than me, can you tell me your opinion? are there broken things?
>

> On 01/12/12 21:37, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
>> On 11/22/2012 12:49 PM, Javier Juan Martínez Cabezón wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi all, I saw that in the last ebuild (3.4.1), PaX is in
>>> UNIPATCH_EXCLUDE. What have you Planned about this?.
>>>
>>> I also knew the existence of a base rsbac_policy based hardened gentoo
>>> subproject? is there anything written about it?
>>>
>>> Thanks for all.
>>>

>> When last I tried to apply the pax patches on top of rsbac, they did not
>> go. People kept saying the did, but they did not without hacking. If
>> you want to provide me with an rsbac patchset and pax patchset that are
>> compat I will try again.

I have just compiled in my computer without incidents but...
WARNING: modpost: Found 11411 section mismatch(es).
I just only modify 6 source code files, just a record to have 11411
mismatches.

Probably my "patch" finally makes my kernel start making coffee instead
protecting memory or implementing MAC.... I will see.