Hi folks!

As you may know last year we gave a talk at FOSDEM about the security
features of our project, which you can check at
http://video.fosdem.org/2012/crossdistro/Introduction_to_hardening,_the_Gentoo_Hardened_approach.webm

In general FOSDEM requires us to speak about development related stuff
so keeping that in mind, what would you like us to prepare for talk(s)
at FOSDEM next year? We are open to suggestions.

klondike
Re: What should we talk about at FOSDEM? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:01:19 +0100
"Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <klondike@gentoo.org> wrote:

> In general FOSDEM requires us to speak about development related stuff
> so keeping that in mind, what would you like us to prepare for talk(s)
> at FOSDEM next year? We are open to suggestions.

With Opera 12.10 requiring RWX mmap (fingers crossed the bug won't be
Closed as WON'T FIX) but also PIE and grsecurity features being brought
into the unpatched kernel more and more as well as 64 bit becoming
dominant. Is the future likely to see more or less hardened
compatibility and less development time by default and how did previous
expectations turn out up until now.