Mailing List Archive

SELinux policy updates
Hi gents,

There have been a massive amount of updates on the policies. Those
courageous enough can use the live policy ebuilds to test them out and
generate bugs for them. If the fixes are within the contribution modules,
they are quickly applied upstream so that's a huge advantage.

I will probably generate a rev6 release in the next few days who might or
might not see the stable light, depending on how effective it is.
Regardless, I will continue tracking upstream as close as possible (which,
in a policy world, is a good thing as things change too fast).

So just see this as a heads up - I know I haven't released one in a while,
and that's because upstream has become massively active (from 15 commits per
months to 30 commits per day - that's a factor 60 difference!) and the
changes aren't always as good as we would hope (so they need close follow-up
from our side).

The release of a rev6 however is needed to handle changes in Gentoo (like
openrc doing /run migrations and such).

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen