I ran into a small problem.

One of my controllers needs mptsas support, can I compile/build this
into my kernel fairly easily? (im by no means a kernel guru)

Or would I be better of running another set of sources that supports
this by default (gentoo-sources doesn't either, so most likely vanilla
or the sources used by sysrescuecd)

I have all my information in a forum post here:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-940502.html
Re: mptsas support with hardened [ In reply to ]
÷ Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:12:57 +0100
Luke Crooks <pumalodev@gmail.com> ÐÉÛÅÔ:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Yesterday I ran a fresh install of hardened on my Dell Server, however
> I ran into a small problem.
>
> One of my controllers needs mptsas support, can I compile/build this
> into my kernel fairly easily? (im by no means a kernel guru)
>
> Or would I be better of running another set of sources that supports
> this by default (gentoo-sources doesn't either, so most likely vanilla
> or the sources used by sysrescuecd)
>
> I have all my information in a forum post here:
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-940502.html

Hello,

this is not a hardened-specific question. But the answer is simple: you
have to enable "Device Drivers" -> "Fusion MPT device support" ->
"Fusion MPT ScsiHost drivers for SAS" in nconfig/menuconfig/etc.

--
With best regards,
Alexander Tsoy
Re: mptsas support with hardened [ In reply to ]
Thanks, someone on irc convinced me that hardened had been compiled without
mptsas support and now only contained mpt2sas, thanks very much.

Re: mptsas support with hardened [ In reply to ]
Fwiw I have been happily using this with hardened for 5+ years now :)