sys-devel/flex-2.5.4a-r5
dev-libs/libmcrypt-2.5.7
dev-libs/expat-1.95.7-r1
sys-libs/gdbm-1.8.3-r1
app-crypt/mhash-0.9.1
net-libs/c-client-2002e-r2
media-libs/freetype-2.1.5-r1
media-libs/jpeg-6b-r3

Re: list of packages that don't seem to build shared libs correctly [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Brian Jackson wrote:

> Recently ran into a few packages that are building the .a files just fine,
> but the .so files aren't getting built for some reason. Did some
> backtracking, etc. with the geniuoses in #gentoo-embedded, and figured out
> what the problem was. This is a list of the packages on my system that
> installed a .a file but not a .so file (obviously there will be more since
> this system has barely any packages beyond world).
>
> --Iggy
>
> sys-devel/flex-2.5.4a-r5
> dev-libs/libmcrypt-2.5.7
> dev-libs/expat-1.95.7-r1
> sys-libs/gdbm-1.8.3-r1
> app-crypt/mhash-0.9.1
> net-libs/c-client-2002e-r2
> media-libs/freetype-2.1.5-r1
> media-libs/jpeg-6b-r3

flex does not build any as I recall.

The others have to be patched like the sys-apps/file package (ltconfig,
configure or similar) to recognize *-linux-uclibc* as a valid shared libs
supporting arch.
If you are running ./configure for a specific package, check that shared
libs are possible.
I would add these patches to elibtoolize --uclibc (for ex.), because
almost all shared libs are involved.

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps dot m at gmx dot net> ID: 0xA5F059F2
Key fingerprint = 92A4 31E1 56BC 3D5A 2D08 BB6E C389 975E A5F0 59F2

Re: list of packages that don't seem to build shared libs correctly [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 21 September 2004 03:40 pm, Brian Jackson wrote:
> media-libs/freetype-2.1.5-r1

wonder if this could have anything to do with the xorg-x11 build problems ...
-mike

Re: list of packages that don't seem to build shared libs correctly [ In reply to ]
to fix packages automatically just:
inherit libtool
src_unpack() {
uclibctoolize
}
we'll look at integrating this into econf :)

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 03:40 pm, Brian Jackson wrote:
> sys-devel/flex-2.5.4a-r5

doesnt build .so libraries

> dev-libs/libmcrypt-2.5.7
> dev-libs/expat-1.95.7-r1
> sys-libs/gdbm-1.8.3-r1
> app-crypt/mhash-0.9.1
> media-libs/freetype-2.1.5-r1

fixed in portage

> net-libs/c-client-2002e-r2

didnt touch it ... requires pam (blech!)

> media-libs/jpeg-6b-r3
- glib-1.2.x

these need some extra work ... the ltconfig file needs patching but seems like
it's an old version which rejects our patch ...
-mike

Re: list of packages that don't seem to build shared libs correctly [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 22 September 2004 03:37 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > media-libs/jpeg-6b-r3
>
> - glib-1.2.x

ok, ive added patches to handle ltconfig version 1.2.x (jpeg) and version
1.3.x (glib)

dunno if any other versions need to get handled ...
-mike