graphic stack to wayland. This is just for your information, but maybe
you find some useful ebuilds in my overlay.

Simon
Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]
Hey Simon,

Simon Maurer <gentroid@simon-maurer.ch> writes:

> The project is under heavy development and I'm currently trying to
> port the android graphic stack to wayland. This is just for your
> information,

I am particularly interested in this part of the project. I got stuck
with this a year ago in the Gentoo on Android effort[1].

Cheers,
Benda

1. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android
Re: Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]
Hi Benda

Thank you for your reply. I've already seen that wiki page, but I'm
afraid I won't solve this Problem. I actually try to do the opposite,
instead of running Gentoo on Android, I try to run Android on Gentoo. So
Android Apps (pure java) will run without an emulator on Gentoo similar
to the Alien Dalvik but free and open source.

Simon
Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]
В письме от 27 мая 2014 22:26:03 пользователь Simon Maurer написал:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a project called gentroid. The goal of the Project is to
> port art (dalvik successor) and the android framework to gentoo.
> I created an overlay (https://code.google.com/p/gentroid-overlay) for
> the android libraries and tools and their dependencies.
> Because the android repositories probably exceeds the limits of my
> google account, I'm working with a private git-server. So I only upload
> the patches (mostly cmake files) on https://code.google.com/p/gentroid
> and the gentroid.eclass puts the source code together again. The project
> is under heavy development and I'm currently trying to port the android
> graphic stack to wayland. This is just for your information, but maybe
> you find some useful ebuilds in my overlay.
>
> Simon

Hi!

Well its interesting. But how to run it? are there any wiki or howto planned?

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov, PhD
Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]
Sorry for my late reply. I'm planning to do a project homepage on
gentroid.org. But for the moment I need to port a minimal android
framework (GUI, input etc) first. There is an overlay.xml file on
https://code.google.com/p/gentroid-overlay, which you can copy in the
layman directory. So you can install the art vm (emerge -a
dev-android/art ) and then you are able to execute a simple dex file:

dalvikvm -Xbootclasspath:/usr/share/libcore/lib/core-dex.jar -cp
HelloWorld.jar HelloWorld

You can create dex files with the command:
dx --dex --output=OUTPUT.jar input.jar

dx is part of dev-android/dex-tools

and java files need to be compiled with -bootclasspath
/usr/share/libcore/lib/core.jar
(android-libs/libcore)

It's all highly experimental and I'm currently working on a x86_64
machine. Other platforms are untested.

Simon

Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]

On 06/02/2014 02:49 PM, Simon Maurer wrote:
> Sorry for my late reply. I'm planning to do a project homepage on
> gentroid.org. But for the moment I need to port a minimal android
> framework (GUI, input etc) first. There is an overlay.xml file on
> https://code.google.com/p/gentroid-overlay, which you can copy in the
> layman directory. So you can install the art vm (emerge -a
You should probably email the overlay team and ask to be added to the
master overlay list for layman. You could even open a bug for this...

- -Zero

Re: android ebuilds [ In reply to ]
Little update on my project Gentroid:
gentroid is now in the layman remote list, also I made a video, which
show the Hello World app running on Gentoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdiUHNbPFs, but the source code is not
yet available because the main repository is too big. I sent a request
to the google code hosting team and I hope they will raise the limit, so
I can upload the complete source code.

Regards,
Simon