Mailing List Archive

Re: Howto add support for Microblaze Architecture
On Mon 17 Mar 2014 15:55:20 Ronny Kramer wrote:
> currently I am about to write my bachelor's thesis about how to setup an
> Microblaze Architecture with Linux support to ease lectures in low level
> coding. I've built an ready to use Linux from Scratch root filesystem
> but i want to use Gentoo as my Base to ease the package compilation.
>
> Is there an Documentation available, how to correctly add an new
> architecture?

hmm, i've had this guide (and helper scripts) for many years:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/PORTING-HOWTO

but it could do with a bit of a refresh. i guess would also be good to move
it to the wiki for better visibility.

> To get crossdev (specially linux-headers) working I've added an new
> architecture in "profiles/arch" and added the name in
> "profiles/arch.list". This did not help to prevent emerge from
> complaining about "Package unsupported for unknown".

make sure your profiles/arch/microblaze/make.defaults has:
ARCH=microblaze

and that your profiles/default/linux/microblaze/parent file loads that
directory. if you want an example, look at how arm64 is doing things as that
is the newest Gentoo port currently.

i'd be happy to merge microblaze into the main tree if you send patches :).
-mike